Big Berkey Water Filter 2.25 gal with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements (BK4X2-BB)
Big Berkey System, Big Berkey Water Filter, 2.25 Gallon Capacity, 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements Included, Model BK4X2-BB
Berkey is the #1 choice of survivalists, emergency preparedness folks, those who like living off the grid, and individuals and families who live in hurricane prone areas.
You can't put a price on your family's health. Quality, clean and healthy water is now more affordable and more accessible than ever before.
Benefits of a Berkey System:
HEALTHY: Why are the Berkey systems the benchmark in gravity fed water purification? It’s simple - they remove viruses, harmful pathogenic bacteria, cysts, parasites, pesticides, herbicides, pharmaceuticals, heavy metals, unhealthy contaminants and impurities to below detectable levels, while leaving in most of the essential minerals your body needs. The result is the most healthful, delicious water available. See the Resources tab for test results.
POWERFUL: Berkey systems can easily purify ordinary tap water, yet are powerful enough to efficiently purify raw, untreated water from sources such as remote lakes and streams. In the event of natural disasters and emergencies when treated water may not be available, your Berkey system is essential.
ECONOMICAL: Berkey systems are the most economical water purification system you can own. The long life of the Berkey Purification Elements (filters) allows you to enjoy purified water for about two cents per gallon - compare that to the cost of bottled water!
CONVENIENT & PORTABLE: Berkey systems are easy to assemble and operate without tools, electricity, water pressure or plumbing. When traveling, or if space is limited, the top and bottom chambers of most of our systems nest within each other for easy transport.
PROVEN: Berkey's independent lab results speak for themselves. Click on the Resources tab for test reports and results.
- The Big Berkey System comes standard with 2 Black Berkey Purification Elements, but can be expanded up to 4 elements for faster flow rate and ultimate filtration
- The versatile Big Berkey System is ideal for small to medium size families, and for use during travel, outdoor activities, or unexpected emergencies
- Constructed of highly polished AISI 304 stainless steel
- Storage capacity of about 2.25 gallons (8.5 liters)
- Transport Height: The upper chamber nests inside the lower chamber for easy transport and stands 13 inches high
- Maximum Filters: 4 Black Berkey Purification Elements (in upper chamber)
- Height When in Use: 19.25 inches
- Diameter: 8.5 inches
- Weight: 7 lbs empty
- Normal Everyday Use: Serves 1-4 people
- Fully Configured Emergency Use: Serves up to 85-170 people a day
- Maximum Filtration Flow Rate:
- Two Black Berkey Purification Elements (this system): Can produce up to 3.5 gallons (13.3 liters) per hour
- Four Black Berkey Purification Elements (found here): Can produce up to 7.0 gallons (26.5 liters) per hour
- * Flow rate calculated with upper chamber full to top. Flow rate decreases as water level declines.
- Up to 4 Berkey PF-2™ Fluoride and Arsenic Reduction Filters may be installed in the lower chamber of this system if desired. They can be found here.
- Durability: Each Black Berkey Element is designed to purify approximately 3,000 gallons of water before needing replacement; 2 elements in a Berkey system will purify approximately 6,000 gallons of water before replacement is recommended
Please Note: Labeling may vary to fulfill orders during periods of heavy demand.
Included With Purchase:
- Upper and lower stainless steel chambers
- 2 Black Berkey® Purification Elements (expandable up to 4)
- 1 stainless steel lid
- 1 spigot
- Rubber gasket to protect the base
- 2 wingnuts
- 2 washers
- 1 priming button
- 2 blocking plugs
Proudly Made in the USA
The Berkey® stainless steel chambers are assembled in the USA from US and imported parts. The Black Berkey® Purification Elements (filters) are made and assembled in the USA.
NOTE: This system is not yet available in Iowa or California
For Berkey's FAQ's click here
About Black Berkey Filters
Black Berkey Lead Reduction Test Report
Black Berkey Gross Beta Radiological Removal Test Report
Black Berkey Uranium Radiological Removal Test Report
Black Berkey Virus and Bacteria Removal Test Report
Black Berkey Heavy Metal, Chemical, VOC, Pharmaceutical Petrol Removal Test Report
Black Berkey Heavy Metal, MBAS, Chlorine, Turbidity Removal Test Report
Black Berkey VOC, Pesticide, THM, HAA5 Removal Test Report
As soon as you place your order, you will receive an order confirmation e-mail. This means that we have received your order in our system and pre-authorized your credit card for the purchase. As soon as we receive your order, we automatically reach out to our suppliers to confirm that it is in stock and available for immediate shipment. If your item is on backorder or unavailable, we will void the pre-authorization and reach out to you via e-mail. If your item(s) are available for immediate shipment (within 5 business days), we will process the charges and submit the order for shipment.
If your order is in stock and we process the charges to your credit card, it will ship within five business days from the date of your order. We will send you tracking information within 24 hours of your order leaving the warehouse to the e-mail address you provided when checking out. If you do not receive tracking information from us within six business days of your order, feel free to follow up with us at orders@PurelyWaterSupply.com.
Please inspect the packaging of your item(s) when they arrive, if you notice any damage you should make note of it when signing for delivery. If your item(s) do arrive damaged, please send photos to returns@PurelyWaterSupply.com and we will process a return or exchange for you.
Cancellations & Refunds:
All orders cancelled after 48 hours are subject to a $20 administration fee, whether or not your order has shipped. If you order has shipped, you (the buyer) will also be responsible for actual return shipping charges. Refunds will only be issued to the original credit card that you use when placing your order.
Returns & Restocking Fees:
Depending on the product ordered, there may be a restocking fee if the product was opened. Please contact us for details regarding restocking fees for a specific product. If you are unsure if a product you are returning has a restocking fee, please email returns@PurelyWaterSupply.com. If you are returning a product, please send an email to returns@PurelyWaterSupply.com to arrange your return properly.
Price Match Guarantee
We work very hard to ensure that we offer the absolute best prices online. If you find another online store that offers a lower price than us within six months of your purchase date, please let us know and we will refund your original payment for the difference. We want you to feel confident that you are getting the absolute best price for the product you are ordering. If you find that our own website has a lower price for the same item you have ordered within six months of your purchase date will refund the difference as well.
To request your partial refund simply e-mail us a link to the same product on our website, or on our competitor's website within six months from the date of your order and we will process the credit accordingly.
Our 100% Price Guarantee has some limitations:
- You must purchase the item from our website before requesting your Price Match Guarantee
- Promotions such as rebates and buy one, get one free offers are not eligible
- The item must be in stock on the competitors website
- The competitor must be an online store, they may not have a retail location
- The website can not be a discounter or auction website (ie; eBay, overstock, etc..)
- The competitor must be an Authorized Retailer / Authorized Dealer of the product in question
- The Price Match Guarantee includes the item price and the shipping charges, it excludes sales tax
Who We Are
Purely Water Supply is an online retailer providing competitive prices on home water filtration, enhancement and catchment systems. We want our customers to have a great shopping experience, which is why our top priority is customer service. Second to that is making sure we sell only the highest quality products to keep your water clean, safe and healthy for you and your family.
Water is the basis of life and without it, humans, plants, animals and our planet wouldn't survive. Water is the key to sustaining life, but it has to be clean and safe. That's why we offer a wide selection of water products for all your needs.
Our CEO understands first-hand the need for clean water in the US and around the world. With a master's degree in International Affairs, Conflict & Security and having lived in Africa for a short period in her life, she saw how clean water, and lack of clean water, affected entire communities, including children. That's why it is our company's mission to deliver clean water products to our customers while also supporting clean water charities around the world.
She also has her own family, including two little girls under age 2, to think about and provide for. Children are the most susceptible to contracting diseases from bacteria and viruses. This is why it is her top priority to provide her children and family with the cleanest water to drink, clean their food with, bathe in, have their clothes washed in, and play in.
Purely Water Supply is based in NJ with offices around the country and distribute to states in the continental US (lower 48 states). If you reside in Hawaii or Alaska and would like to purchase a product, please contact us by phone or email to see how we can help.
In the few years that we have been operational, we have managed to build up a reputable establishment online. We have a great team and aim to provide our customers with the best home water filtration, enhancement and catchment systems available.
We are continually adding new, high-quality products to our online product catalog to offer only the best to our customers.
If you have any questions about our products, if would like to check the availability of an item, or to see if we can locate a product that isn't in our product catalog, please use the “Contact Us” page to get in touch - we'd love to hear from you!
We Also Recommend